By: Jenna Phelan and Audrey McBride
Palazzo Vecchio is the town hall of Florence. It is in Tuscany, and over looks the Piazza della Signora. Also, it is inside of Piazza della Signora, as well as Loggia dei Lanzi (a statue area). We are visiting this place on our first day, after the Duomo! To visit the Palazzo Vecchio, it costs no money. Another great thing is that it is one of the most significant public places in all of Italy! We want to visit it just by the reviews, its intriguing history, and most of all the unique architecture!
Fun Facts about Palazzo Vecchio:
- Palazzo Vecchio is it's italian name, and in English this means "old palace."
- It is most known by "Palazzo Vecchio" because the Medici duke moved from this palace to Palazzo Pitti.
- It is know a museum, and it used to be a real palace.
- It is a Romanesque style of architecture.
- You can see Palazzo Vecchio from the Uffizi gallery.