MMS Back to School Tech Tips
Everything to help you start the 2013-2014 school year
Who Ya Gonna Call?
We will always happily direct you to the right person; however, below is a document to help you understand the difference between all of our roles @ MMS
Current Recommended Browsers
Teacher Access Center (TAC) & eSchoolPlus - Use Internet Explorer Version 7.0, 8.0 or 9.0
Eduphoria -Use Chrome or Firefox
SchoolWires - Use Chrome
- Use your Midway network login for TAC, Outlook, Eduphoria, Schoolwires and Google (new this year!).
- Change network password every 90 days. It will automatically change for all programs, except your iPad wifi and iPad email. You will have to update these passwords in your iPad Settings. Email Amy Davis if you need help.
- Students have Midway network logins that also provide them with email addresses and Google accounts.
- Please do not let anyone use the computer or iPad that you are logged into.
Midway Technology SD
- Every teacher completes 9 hours of technology staff development each year
- Classes are offered through Midway on all campuses and online
- You may also request to get credit for classes taken off campus
- All of the technology teks are divided among the core content teachers. Click on the list below to see your assigned teks.
- Document the technology teks in Eduphoria:Forethought just like you do with your content core teks
Technology Work Orders
- New location to submit work orders
- Go to Eduphoria: Help Desk
- Click the button below for step-by step instructions
iPad Carts @MMS
- Need an app added? Email Amy Davis at least a week ahead of time
- "Free only" apps unless you want to spend department $ and submit to Eduphoria: Formspace at least 3 weeks ahead of time
- Click the button below to see all the apps currently on the iPad carts
New Internet Filter
- iBoss is the name of the new filter
- Submit a request within the blocked page to open up any links that you know should work or worked on the previous filter
A few more things....
- Update your personal Midway webpage before the first day of school
- Delete your old schedule in Forethought and add a new one. These directions were sent out last week. Email Amy Davis if you need them again.
- District policy states that subs cannot take your classes to the computer lab, laptops, iPads, etc. Please arrange for other plans if you have a sub.
- Citrix is no longer being supported. This will be replaced by a new app that is not ready yet
- Apple TV is coming soon. In the meantime, every iPad cart has a cord that will connect your iPad to your TV.
- A new AUP was used this year and will make it easier to integrate technology in your classroom.
- If you want to checkout the laptops or iPad cart, you have to complete a VERY SHORT training session in Edmodo. Look for info coming soon.
- Edmodo has a subdomain that you need to access if you are going to use it with your students. If you want information on this subdomain, Go to MISD Homepage>Departments>Instructional Technology> Training>How to Instructions for Edmodo Subdomain information