Motivation is a way to encourage staff/workers to do better, or to take more care with what they do. There are many methods of motivation as listed below:
- Job Empowerment: Gives workers the option to do their own thing which means they decide what to do, which gives them a sense of freedom.
- Job Enlargement: This is a good way of motivating staff because they get the same job role, however are given more tasks to do within this task, it widens their experience and also areas of expertise.
- Job rotation: This is a good use of motivation as it prevents workers from getting bored of their work, it is likely to increase their attendance as well as their productivity, it will also give them more experience, and so will motivate them for future positions.
- Job Enrichment: This is where higher members of staff assign staff additional responsibility normally reserved for higher level employees. This is initially giving them more responsibility and makes them feel like they are important to the company.
- Team work: Is where workers get placed together in specific groups to complete given tasks together, this helps to initiate role giving, and helps for each person to know what they are doing, and is a practice and build up to having to do everything in future tasks.