Come join our family!
Delta Gamma was founded in December 1873, in Oxford, Mississippi, at the Lewis School for Girls near the University of Mississippi. The group was founded by Mary Comfort Leonard, Eva Webb Dodd, and Anna Boyd Ellington. Leonard, Dodd, and Ellington sought to maintain high ideals, as to encourage the intellectual growth and a dedication to service for college women to be their best selves.
The badge of Delta Gamma is a golden anchor.
Delta Gamma's philanthropic focus is on service for sight. Delta Gammas have funded genetic research, low-vision adaptive devices, tapes, Braille books and hundreds of life-enhancing programs. Delta Gamma has also sponsored city service centers for the Visually Impaired and Schools for the Blind