The Global Education Conference
Call for Proposals
Deadline Extended to November 8th
The sixth annual Global Education Conference is a free week-long online event bringing together educators and innovators from around the world. This year's conference will take place Monday, November 16 through Thursday, November 19, 2015. The call for proposals is now open through November 8th!
This is our main conference, an event that comes after Global Collaboration Day. The entire conference is virtual and will take place online in webinar format. Sessions are held around the clock to accommodate participant time zones.
Please join our community and Remind group to receive updates about our 2015 Conference!
The Global Education Conference is a collaborative, world-wide community initiative involving students, educators, and organizations at all levels. It is designed to significantly increase opportunities for building education-related connections around the globe while supporting cultural awareness, recognition of diversity, and educational access for all.
The conference seeks to present ideas, examples, and projects related to connecting educators and classrooms with a strong emphasis on promoting global awareness, fostering global competency, and inspiring action towards solving real–world problems. Through this event, it is our hope that attendees will challenge themselves and others to become more active citizens of the world. Let us learn, question, create, and engage in meaningful, authentic opportunities within a global context!
The 2015 co-chairs are Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon.
Submit a Proposal
2. Join the conference presenters group to receive general emails for those who have submitted proposals.
3. Read our mission statement and make sure your topic aligns with the goals of this conference. This is not a technology conference nor a general education conference.
4. Copy the following text to your computer's clipboard (highlight and Ctrl+C/Cmd+C on your computer):
Your Name and Title:
School or Organization Name:
Area of the World from Which You Will Present:
Language in Which You Will Present:
Short Session Description (one line):
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
5. Click here to open a new forum discussion post.
6. Title your discussion post with the title of your proposed session.
7. Paste the template text (Ctrl+V/Cmd+V) copied in Step 2 into the body of the discussion forum post.
8. Fill in the session information according to the template. If you separate your answers with a blank line and make the questions text bold, it will make your proposal easier to read.
9. In the Category drop-down field, check to make sure the category is GEC 2015 Submissions & Waitlist
10. In the tags field, use the strand tag code for the strand to which you are submitting your proposal. You MUST use at least one the following strand tag codes:
- For the "Teachers" strand, use "2015Teachers".
- For the "Students"strands, use "2015Students".
- For the "Curricular" strand, use "2015Curricular".
- For the "Leadership"strand, use "2015Leadership".
- For the "Policy" strand, use "2015Policy".
- For the "iEARN" strand, use "2015iEARN".
- For the "Education for All" strand, use "2015EFA".
- For the "Global Librarian" strand, use "2015Librarians".
NOTE: If not input correctly, your session will not appear in searches.
11. Click the Add Discussion button to save your proposal.
You are able to edit and modify your proposal after it has been saved and up until it has been accepted by clicking on the Options button in your proposal.
12. Acceptance notifications will be issued on a rolling basis starting August 1, 2015. The deadline for proposals is November 1, 2015.
13. If you need to change your proposal after acceptance, please email email@example.com.
Join Our Advisory Board
Our international advisory board advises the conference leadership and promotes the conference within their institutions and home countries. This group meets virtually a few times a year to discuss the conference. Submit an application and make sure to join the advisory board group in order to receive email notifications.
Volunteer for the GEC
Volunteers are the heart of the Global Education Conference. Members of this group help moderate sessions during the actual conference, translate materials into other languages, and create multimedia publicity materials. This is a great way to meet other members and find potential global partners for projects! To get involved, jo in our volunteer group. We are especially in need of volunteer moderators who speak Spanish or other languages!
Follow Us on Social Media
ThankS To Our Core Sponsors
Visit the following websites for high-quality resources and information related to globally collaborative learning.
Support the GEC
Show your commitment to global education and help keep this conference free and accessible to all. Sponsorship packages are available for forward thinking for-profit and non-profit organizations interested supporting innovation and reaching a global audience. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
More About the Conference
Questions? Email Lucy Gray at email@example.com.