A Guide to Attending @GlobalEdCon
The sixth annual Global Education Conference is a free week-long online event bringing together educators and innovators from around the world.
This year's conference will take place Monday, November 16 through Thursday, November 19, 2015. The entire conference is virtual and will take place online in webinar format. Sessions are held around the clock to accommodate participant time zones. All sessions are recorded and archived. The 2015 co-chairs are Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon.
Please join our community and Remind group to receive updates about our 2015 Conference!
Join the Conference
- Join our community to create a networking profile and to receive updates. You can skip this if you do not want to receive our emails. No other registration is required.
- Go to the sessions and schedule page.
- Select your time zone and click on the link. For example, if you are in Chicago, click on GMT-6 .
- Browse the listed sessions.
- Click on a session title to see its full description.
- In this full description, you will see a link to the online session. (These links will be available a few days before the conference starts on November 16th)
- When you click on this link, a Blackboard Collaborate file (.collab) will download to your computer. Click on this to launch the session webinar room.
Participating in Sessions
- Presenters generally upload slides and use the audio capabilities of our conference platform, Blackboard Collaborate. Some use their webcams to also show themselves via video, but this is optional.
- Session attendees will use the BbC chat window for a group backchannel conversation. People typically comment on the presentation, share additional resources, and ask questions via chat.
- Recordings are made available a few minutes after the conclusion of the session. You can review these recordings anytime in Blackboard Collaborate, audio or video formats. Recordings are licensed under a Creative Commons license so that you can reuse and share them easily.
- If you want to interact with the presenter after the session, look for their full session description on our site . Add a comment or question to their orignal proposal.
- Share ideas, resources, reactions and recordings on social media using the hashtag #globaled15 .
Interact with Our Distinguished Keynotes
We are honored and thrilled to have the following global professionals join us as featured speakers. Follow them on Twitter .
Kelly Clark - Lead for Global Competency , Kentucky Department of Education (US)
Meriem El Hilali & Catherine Cartier - alumnae of the U.S. Department's Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program (US, France, Morocco)
Jim Knight - Chief Education Adviser at TES (US and UK)
Jean Lee - Journalist and Professor, Yonsei University (US and Korea)
Volunteer to Moderate
Volunteers are the heart of the Global Education Conference. Members of this group help moderate sessions during the actual conference, translate materials into other languages, and create multimedia publicity materials. This is a great way to meet other members and find potential global partners for projects! To get involved, join our volunteer group. We also provide live training and a training session recording for those new to our conference platform, Blackboard Collaborate. NOTE: We are especially in need of volunteer moderators who speak Spanish or other languages!
Follow Us on Social Media
- First-time users should check their system requirements on Blackboard's website.
- Blackboard has an online support portal where you can submit a help ticket or browse help documentation.
- We have an online "conference lounge" where you can drop in for help. This is where our volunteer moderators congregate.
- Community and leadership team members often will answer questions in our community chat room located on the front page of our website.
- If you are a member of our Remind group , you can send Lucy Gray a text with a specific question and receive daily news updates.
ThankS To Our Core Sponsors
Visit the following websites for high-quality resources and information related to globally collaborative learning. For a full list of all of our partners and sponsors, visit this page .
Questions? Email Lucy Gray at email@example.com.