By: Kenedy and Diana
If the world were to overpopulate with humans we will lose important resources like water, food, habitat, etc. Because this can become a major biological issue, we're going to list and talk about the certain things we could possibly lose because of overpopulation and what it would cause.
- Proteins- An organic compound that is made of one or more chains of amino acids and that is a principal component of all cells
- Amino Acids- a simple organic compound containing both a carboxyl
- Energy- Energy is a property of objects which can be transferred to other objects or converted into different forms, but cannot be created or destroyed.
If we don’t get enough food, amino acids in our body will not build right amount of protein and we will lose energy. animals will be used for food, clothes or furniture and food chains and or food webs can be broken.
- Bacteria- single-celled organisms that lack a nucleus; prokaryotes
If there is more people then there will be more human contact if people are sneezing and coughing which will cause bacteria and diseases to spread easily among others.
- Photosynthesis- A process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy from the Sun and into chemical energy that can be later released into the air.
If there is more people then more trees will have to be cut down to build houses and it won’t be good for us because it’s taking away the oxygen we need. If we don’t have enough plants, then we won’t have plants making photosynthesis and we need photosynthesis to make our oxygen for us to live.
- Carbon Dioxide- A colorless, odorless gas vital to plant life on earth. This naturally occurring chemical compound is composed of two oxygen atoms each covalently double bonded to a single carbon atom
- Methane- Chemical compound with the chemical formula
- Nitrous oxide- Also known as laughing gas, nitrous, nitro, or NOS. It's a chemical compound with the formula N 2O.
If there is more people then we will need more factories to make materials and the factories will be producing more carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide into the air which causes air pollution and having more air pollution which can harm the health of people, animals, destroy crops, and make our world unpleasant and unattractive in a variety of other ways.
- Food Webs- Series of steps in which organisms transfer energy by eating and being eaten
- Food Chains- Feeding relationship among various organisms in an ecosystem form a network of interaction
Animals will be used for food, clothes or furniture and food chains and or food webs can be broken because there won’t be enough animals to feed off each other to make more.
- Habitat- A natural home or environment of an animal, plant, or other organism
- Niche- They job the animal does in the Animal Kingdom
If there's more people on the earth it is possible to lose homes for animals and for humans, which for animals if there isn't enough space for them to live they may not be able to have a niche (a job) because there is not enough room.