Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Healthy and Refreshing
- 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, dicedd
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
2. In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 3 1/2 cups