Gmail has hundreds of ways to get organized...
Let's Start with a Few...
How to Add a Star:
- From your inbox: click the star icon next to the sender's name.
- While reading a message: click the star icon in upper right corner of the message, next to the time.
- While writing a new message: click More options in the bottom right corner of the compose window, click Label, and then select Add star.
- Create a task about a Gmail message using the keyboard shortcut Shift + T, or by choosing Add to Tasks from theMore menu above your Gmail conversation.
- Switch between existing lists or create new ones using the List icon in the bottom right corner.
- Create "subtasks" by using Tab to indent them, and Shift + Tab to move them back.
- Move tasks by grabbing them to the left of the check mark and dragging them up and down.
- Add new tasks to the middle of a list by clicking at the beginning or end of an existing task and pressing Enter.
- Check off Tasks when you're done, and use Actions > Clear completed to hide them. Don't worry, you can still view them later!
- Print your tasks by clicking Actions and selecting Print task list.