GPISD Digital Media Showcase
A part of STEMposium 2015, it's time to shine . . .
Open to all GPISD students K - 12 . . .
An opportunity to showcase the digital talents and works of our awesome students using products that HAVE BEEN or WILL BE created within the curriculum this school year . . .
It's NOT a time to create products FOR the Digital Media Showcase. Authenticity is paramount.
Start now! Submit your campus' best by March 20, 2015!
Finalists will be selected to present at STEMposium 2015 at South Grand Prairie H.S. on Thursday, May 28, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
STEP #1: Student (with teacher's help if necessary) selects the category that best describes the project.
- 3D Design/Presenting - Developing a mathematical representation of any three-dimensional surface of an object (either inanimate or living) via specialized software (i.e. Google SketchUp)
- Animation - Creating motion and shape-change illusion by means of the rapid display of a sequence of static images that minimally differ from each other (i.e. Flash, GoAnimate, Keynote, Animate)
- App Creation - Designing and creating programs for use on a computer or mobile device
- Architecture/AutoCAD - Designing and constructing buildings or structures using software applications such as AutoCAD or SketchUp
- Augmented Reality - Creating and experiencing a direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are supplemented and enhanced by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data (i.e. Aurasma)
- Coding - Transforming data into a form understandable by computer software (i.e. WhatsApp, Alice, Scratch)
- Digital Storytelling - Telling a 'story' using a digital application that usually includes audio, video, and/or pictures and is sometimes interactive (i.e. PhotoStory)
- Gaming - Programming or creating games developed for playing on a computer, mobile device, or gaming station
- Robotics - Applying the science and technology behind the design, manufacturing, and application of robots (i.e. Legos, EZ-Builder)
- Video - Creating and editing video with software programs such as iMovie, MovieMaker, Pinnacle, and Adobe Premier. ***Video FILES must be TWO minutes or less (approximately) to upload successfully. A LINK should be submitted for longer videos.
- Other - *Any projects that do not specifically fit into any of the above categories
STEP #2: Students finalize/tweak projects for review at the campus level.
- Special Note: Projects MUST be able to upload to a Discovery Education Board Builder. Get creative!
- Students must be prepared to answer the following: "Why did you create this project, and what did you learn?"
STEP #3: Campus reviews begin. Visit your IMS for specific details.
The following rubric is available to assist with the selection process. Make a copy for your campus if you choose.
STEP #4: Campus submits final entries via Board Builder.
- Navigate to Discovery Education.
- Upload each project into a separate DE Board.
- Save/name Boards (green button in Builder Tools) using the following format: School/Teacher/Grade/Student.
- Share the Board (blue button in Builder Tools) to District level sharing.
- Use the following path to share Boards for official judging: My Content > District Content > STEMposium 2015 > Digital Media Showcase 2015 > Submission Category Folders > Grade Level
- Complete the entry form.