By Alex Eppl & T.J. Rodriguez
John Roberts was born January 27th, 1955 in Buffalo, New York. He was born into a Catholic family. After being born in New York his family moved to Long Beach, Indiana where John Roberts would grow up with his parents and three sisters (Kathy, Peggy and Barbara). He attended Notre Dame Elementary School and was an excellent student. He wrestled, was the captain of the football team (mostly because of his leadership skills), sang in the choir, did drama and was on the Student Council during his younger years. He eventually grew up to become the 17th (and current) chief justice of the United States Supreme Court.
He attended Harvard Law School from 1973 to 1976 then went to law school until 1979. He graduated magna cum luade with a J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence.
- He was a law clerk for Judge Henry J. Friendly of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit from 1979 - 1980
- He served as a law clerk for Associate Justice William H. Rehnquist of the Supreme Court during the 1980 term.
- He was the Associate Counsel to president Ronald Reagan from 1982 - 1986
- He served as the principal Deputy Solicitor General for the U.S. Department of Justice from 1989 - 1993
- He was appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit in 2003
- He was nominated by George W. Busch on July 19th 2005 and assumed office on September 29th 2005.
He is a "libertarian leaning conservative" but is favored by liberals.
- Kansas v. March
- Gonzales v. Carhart
- District of Columbia v. Heller
- Graham v. Florida
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission