Sweet Green Cleanse Smoothie
What better way to start off 2014 than with a delicious smoothie packed with lots of heathy goodies! We all want to feel great at the start of the year, so try this smoothie for an extra kick.
Here are some of the benefits of the included ingredients:
- Kale and spinach help regulate pH.
- Pineapple provides plenty of digestive enzymes and vitamin C…not to mention just the right amount of sweetness.
- Spicy ginger warms the body and improves circulation.
- Spirulina helps zap winter blues, thanks to its mega-dose of mood-boosting chlorophyll.
- Lemon,cucumber, and coconut water are fabulous cleansers.
My Ingredients Ready to Go
Here's an official list of the ingredients, and the variations I made:
- 2 to 3 kale leaves
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 inch of fresh ginger (I used a ginger squeeze which can be found with the herbs/spices)
- 1 tsp spirulina (you can find this at a health store, or leave it out completely)
- 1 cup coconut water
Use a Blender, or Your Bullet!
I don't have a blender, so I used my Magic Bullet to mix everything, which is much smaller than the average blender. It would have been easier with a blender, but it was doable with a Bullet. I used two cups since everything wouldn't fit in one.
If you don't like one particular ingredient, try leaving it out, or put a very small amount in. You can always add more once you taste it. It's gotta taste good!
Ta-Da! Here's to your health!
It only took about 10 minutes to prep and mix, and the final product was really tasty and the perfect amount of sweet. I'm not a huge fan of coconut water, but the pineapple masked that flavor but didn't overwhelm it. Although it's green in color due to the kale and spinach, you mostly taste the fruit, which is exactly what I wanted!
It makes about a full glass full, perfect for two people to share, or save for later!