1. Schizophrenia is a disease causes a person to hear voices that aren't real, or to think that others around them are planning to do them harm.
2. About 1% of Americans are affected by Schizophrenia.
3. You can tell a person has Schizophrenia if they are always isolated or withdrawn for several hours at a time, or if they are displaying hallucinations or talking about voices that are not real.
4. The only treatments are therapy and anti - psychotic drugs.
5. The person who is affected, or a family member/guardian can consult a doctor for medication or they can go to a therapist to try and sort out any voices or hallucinations to distinguish between reality and imagination.
6. There are many websites that write very informative pages about studies and known facts about Schizophrenia.
my source for the info above is from: