Network 21 & Gunston TV
Network 21 is a student-run TV studio, dynamic student centered classroom, and enterprising multimedia production facility.
How can we leverage the power of media production to help students become more confident and creative?
- Media is now the master storyteller. (Hi- five)
- Media production is the best tool to bridge students from Consumer to Producer.
- Our mission should be to amplify student voice. Media is my chosen platform.
- Media Production sharpens 21st Century Skills (4 C's) Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication
- Provides an authentic audience, and showcases their "best self".
- Project ideas: Autonomy, Purpose, Appreciation of mastery (getting better) (Daniel Pink)
- Reviews: Products, games, toys, movies
- PSAs: something they believe in...community or global
- Interviews: Audio (Podcasting) Experts, family, peers, creatives
- Photo Journalism: photo blog, news stories, art, print media
- Documentary project: history, events, travel, cultural identity
- How-to videos: sharing expertise, learning something new
- Animation, stop action, green screen
- You DO NOT have to be a tech wiz. Just give kids access, confidence, and support when things do not go as planned.
- Twitter: @costnerMedia Video Blog: gunstontv.blogspot.com
- Resource page: https://sites.google.com/site/gunstontvlinks/
- Arlington Independent Media, Educational Theater Company, Career Center