Answering Feudal Japan Questions
1. What is Feudalism?
Feudalism is a form of government.
2. What led to the rise of Feudalism in Japan?
Lawlessness led small landowners to become vassals of the daimyo for protection.
3. What are 3 art forms from ancient Japan and how did they impact/influence society at that time period?
1. Zen gardens: Place to think quietly.
2. Noh: Play of men about the history of Japan.
3. Calligraphy: A way to express beauty.
4. What was the social structure of Feudal Japan? Be sure to explain why each class is placed where they were in the Japanese social structure.
The social structure of Feudal Japan was the four tier class system. At the bottom there were the merchants, they were there to sell goods. Then above them were the peasants and artisans, the peasants did farming for goods and the artisans made beautiful art this class had the most people. Then above them there were the samurai warriors, they protected Japan. Finally there is the shogun and daimyo, they ruled the land of Japan. Lastly some people were below and above the four class system, an example of above would be the emperor he is above the class system.