Team 7-3 Omaha Zoo Trip
May 1, 2014
Common Name: Lake Victoria Cichlid
Scientific Name: Haplochromis sp.
Habitat: Lake Victoria in Africa
1. Can eat many different things to survive.
2. Keep eggs in their mouth to protect them.
3. Can develop extra sensory organs to avoid predators.
4. They can live many different places because they can use their jaws to each just about anything.
5. Males use bright colors to attract a female species.
Common Name: Tiger Salamander
Scientific Name: Ambystoma tigrin
Biome: Wetlands mostly underground
Habitat: North America
1. They have big eyes to see better.
2. Long tail used for defense of itself.
3. have camouflage
4. Can live up 20 years.
5. Can lay up to 200 eggs so there is a better chance of survival.
Common Name: Komodo Dragon
Scientific Name: Varanus komodoensis
1. Camouflage to hide from predators.
2. Saliva is poisonous because of the amount of bacteria.
3. Sharp teeth to help them kill and eat their prey.
4. Younger dragons stay in trees to avoid predators.
5. They have really powerful legs to pounce on prey.
Common Name: Budgerigar
Scientific Name: Melopsittacus undulatus
Biome: Trees and shrubs
Habitat: Outback of Australia
1. They can go a long time without drinking anything.
2. They live and stay in flocks for protection.
3. They always move to find more food because of the harsh climate conditions.
4. Very smart that can learn almost anything.
5. Has to live near water because it needs to drink 5.5% of their body weight in water.
Common Name: Tiger
Scientific Name: Panthera tigris
Biome: Forest, mountains, grassland
Habitat: Central Asia
1. Large teeth for eating.
2. Large claws for killing prey.
3. Strong legs for running.
4. hearing is sharp
5. striped for camoufage