Skills and Characteristics you need to work in the IT industry
- What technical knowledge might you need in a computer job?
Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes, operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design, you need to understand computers and electronics - knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- What working procedures would you follow in a computer job?
You need to do eye and eyesight tests, provide health and safety training. If you not going to follow working procedures, your work may be done incorrectly.
- What Health and Safety issues might you come across?
- What Interpersonal skills will you need?
You need to be sociable, work with others, go to meetings and follow instructions which manager gave or told you.
- What planning skills will you need?
Project management, help desk/technical support, team working.
- What numeric skills will you need?
Mathematics, understanding how to work with formulas.
- What creativity skills will you need?
Problem solving skills, creativity ideas.
- What attitudes will be preferred?
Loyalty, Honesty, quick learner, motivator, team player, acceptor who takes responsibility for their own results, planner, communicator and a solver who does not just see problems, but finds solutions.