The ABC'S of Culture
Created By: Ashley Trejo-Cabrera
El Salvador is located in Central America. It is surrounded by Guatemala, Honduras, Santa Rosa the Lima , and the North Pacific Ocean.
Y is for Yum
- Most people eat (frijoles) red beans and they are cooked in many was, thick corn tortillas, rice, eggs, and fruit.
- One of the most common dishes are pupusas ( thick tortillas stuffed with meat, beans, or cheese.
- Frequently eating vegetables include potatoes, beets, carrots, squash, tomatoes, and onions.
Red beans that is a very popular dish in El Salvador.
O is for Outdoors
- The National sport is Soccer ( Futbol)
- Futbol fans commonly follow ( La Liga ) the Spanish League, rooting for either Madrid or the Barcelona team.
- Basketball is another popular sport, expecilly at the school league level.
A team of soccer players, and that soccer is a very popular sport in El Salvador.
F for Family
- A typical family looks like when they spend time together, sharing meals, and attending religious services.
- The father typical is head of the family, the woman cave for the children and household, Boys have to get fit to get strong, and the girls have to practice to be polite.
- Families that cannot afford their sons to school boys are expected to have a formal career.
This is a family is together and that they are at a party.
E is for Economy
- Because of war and natural disasters, El Salvador has had one of the weakest economies in Latin America.
- Salvadorans depend heavily on forgien aid and remittance from family members who had imagrated to the United States.
- El Salvador became the first Central American state to fertilize the central American free trade agreement (CAFTA) with the United States.
A type of bus in El Salvador. This shows a way of transportion and can be a part of the economy.
W is Ways to have Fun
- Semana Stanta is the Spanish term for Holy week, the week preceding Easter in the catholic calendar.
- Christmas is when families attend to regular services and have two common special dish( pan con pollo) turkey sandwiches and (tamales) corn meal dough stuffed with a filling.
- The Salvadorans love for beauty and fun find expressions in the many colorful festivals during the year.
How Salvadorans celebrate Indepence day. This is a celebration were people can have fun.
- Principle #6 relates to El Salvador because there is lots of changes and growth that happen. One example is that now there is lots of markets then there was before
- Principle #3 relates to El Salvador because everybody learn form other people.One example is that lots of woman going to other woman and learn to cook.
- Principle #1 relates to El Salvador because every body shares something with each other. One example is that each family share food with each other.
- TAKE AWAY: What I learned was that different cultures are in different countries and they have their own way to do things not all of them are the same.
"El Salvador." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 4 Jun 2015
Yum Image-Red Beans. 2008. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Outdoors Image -Soccer Match. 2009. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Family Image -A Close-Knit Family. 2009. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Economy Image-Bright Buses. 2008. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Ways to have fun Image-Independence Day. 2007. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.