Reminders, Ideas, and Thoughts to Ponder...
-“Seek first to understand and then to be understood.” ~ Stephen Covey
-“Our only security is our ability to change.” ~ John Lilly
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
-“We learn by example and by direct experience because there are real limits to the adequacy of verbal instruction.” ~ Malcolm Gladwell
2. Seen and Heard:
- A team of educators working together to deescalate and protect an angry student for a long period of time were able to find a way to laugh even in rough moments! Humor is healing! :)
- SPED and general education teachers collaborating to determine the next best instructional moves for their students. Speaking of shared responsibility!!
- A Kindergarten teacher whose time spent modeling what partner talk looks like in learning has paid off with highly engaged students during literacy stations! Wow! They can do that at 5 years old?!?!
- A PE teacher able to quiet a gym of 95 5th graders in less than a few seconds because students are eager to hear what their next challenge will be!
- An entire staff who are still smiling after SEVERAL days of inside recess!
3. Reflective Question- Is there anything you could abandon to get the kind of work done we need to do? Don't add more- let some less valuable pieces go...
4. Questions Before Answers: What Drives a Great Lesson - Check this out!
5. How are your teammates doing? Let's not forget to support each other in these busy times!
6. Thought anymore about ritual compliance? What role does a teacher play in the engagement of students in his/her classroom? Share in the comments section below by Monday afternoon and wear jeans next Tuesday.