October 23, 2014
Today, I am at professional development with other educators from OMHS. We are reading this book.
From reading this book, I would like you to help me evaluate our class and our learning by completing today's assignment.
Today's assignment has two parts.
1. Complete this Google Student Reflection Survey online. Some of the questions may be similar to the reflection questions on the benchmark. The shortened link is http://goo.gl/O20yZj
*The shortened link on the board is WRONG! Please correct it, 1st period!
2. Draw two pictures on one piece of paper. All paper, colored pencils and markers are at the front of the classroom, underneath the whiteboard. Include your name, the date, and your class period in the top right corner. On the left side of the paper, draw a picture of your learning as you know it. Questions to guide your picture of learning as you know it include:
- What does learning look like in our class?
- How do you learn best?
- What are you doing when you know you are learning French in class?
- What is holding you back from learning in our class? (Teacher, other students, devices...)
On the right side, draw a picture of your learning as you would like it to be in our class and at OMHS. Questions to guide your picture of learning as you would like it to be include:
- What does this learning look like in our school?
- What do you have in this learning that you do not have currently?
- What opportunities to learn or own your learning do you have?
- If money was no option, what would learning and our classroom and our school look like?
Please complete both assignments before the end of class. All pictures are due to the clear trays before you leave the classroom.
You can use the two computers in the room or go to the library to complete the Google form. Please share devices once you are finished completing the form.