Tinker, Make & Learn
#TMLOOE Grant Objectives
- Show the value of quality bended Open Courseware as effective professional development that supports discovery and exploration.
- Develop a replicable blended learning Open Online Experience that adds material to the body of knowledge of teaching making.
- Evangelize the Maker Movement as an interesting and effective learning phenomenon.
- Create content that develops the maker mindset of growth and that encourages participants to believe they can learn to do anything.
- Advocate the design and development of MakerSpaces in a variety of community contexts that serve a diverse group of learners.
- Promote integration of tech, education and problem solving as model of learning for the social good.
- Develop a corp of Maker Educators.
Course Content & Flow
- Start Here: Intro, Orientation, Welcome, Logistics
- Kickoff: The Maker Movement
- Who are the Makers?
- The Intersection of Making and Learning
- MakerSpaces, Fablabs, PopUps and MakerShops
- Making Your Space
- Assessing Making
- Maker Resources
Online, in course - Interviews with Makers of all kinds, MakerSpace Tours, Academic Articles, Planning Guides, Maker Movement Booklets & How To, Pedagogical Theories of Making, Lots of mini feedback Surveys, LOTS of Resources, Reflection Discussion, Affinity Groups, Badges (Canvabadges)
Online, out of course - Reflection and Iteration (tool of choice); Artifacts and Documentation (tool of choice), Sharing (Google docs, Pinterest), Twitter, Virtual Making, Pursuitery
Offline - Meet-ups, Local tours of MakerSpaces, Hands On Maker Focus and DIY projects, 3DPrinter Hub, Maker Events
The Flow in Modules
- Learn About It
- Collaborate & Connect
- Read It
- Hear It/See It
- More (Optional)
- Do It
Collaborate and Connect: Connectivist, Constructivist, Experiential Pedagogy (argue with me @robinwb)
Document and Share with chosen tool
Grow your PLN
Reflect via Course Discussion
Suggest via Resource Bank in Google Doc
Do It: Maker Focus and DIY Project Tasks
- What to do
- Curriculum Connections
- Feedback, Artifacts and Reflection