Web Apps, Widgets and More
- Use Google as a Timer - a simple tool to keep track of time.
- Reminder 101 - an easy and safe way for teachers to text message parents and students.
- Rubistar - create a rubric for project based learning activities.
- Symbaloo - share your favorite websites with colleagues and students.
- EdShelf - an awesome way to curate and share your useful websites and apps, complete with QR codes to print. Add your own notes as well!
- Kahoot - awesome interactive review and quiz game.
- Socrative.com - can be used as an informal assessment.
- Infuselearning.com - quick, virtual assessment. Watch example.
Publish Sharing and Social Learning
- Edmodo - a social networking site used for educational purposes
- TodaysMeet - an easy to use backchannel without the need for logging in.
- Kidblog - safe, private blogging for students.
- Popplet - an online tool and app that allows you to create mind mapping and brainstorming diagrams.
- Coogle - another mind mapping website.
Smore - an online flyer maker.
Thinglink - create images with hotspots to embed text, link, video, and more.
Tackk - the page you are using right now- a no-nonsense webpage/poster maker.
Stoodle - realtime collaboration on a virtual whiteboard.
Stormboard- online brainstorming and collaboration on a realtime sticky note whiteboard.
Google Hangout - communicate with friends through chat and video calls.
Qrvoice.net- QR Codes that speak to you!!!!
Delivr.com- quick response to check for understanding.
Pinwords - upload your images and add text on top.
Recite - add text to a variety of background papers/images
Digital Story Telling
Docs Storybuilder - animated "Google Docs" story builder