MAle reproductive System
- During puberty, the testes produce testosterone and sperm
- Males can get Hernias, which are when internal organ pushes against or through a surrounding cavity wall
- Seminal Vessicles, prostate Gland, and Cowpers Glands secrete fluids to help nourish and protect sperm
Female reproductive system
1. New life is formed through the process of fertilization
2. once fertilized, the egg travels form the Fallopian tube to the uterus where it attaches to the wall of the uterus and begins to grow
3.three functions of the Female Reproduction System is they store egg cells, creat offspring, and give birth.
1. during puberty, egg cells mature and are released by the ovaries in a process called ovulation
2. If the egg is not fertilized the uterus lining breaks down and is shed by the body through menstruation.
3. Menstruation usually last form 5-7 days and happens about every 28 days. This process is called the menstrual cycle.
Pregnancy and Labor
1. A zygote is a fertilized ovum (egg)
2. A blastocyst is a ball of cells with a cavity in the middle. An embryo is implanted blastocyst form the time of implantation until about the eight week of development.
3. By the 20-36 week the baby has developed a brain, heart, ear, teeth, eyes, and palate.
1. STD's can be silent and could potentially kill you
2. Most STD's are spread only though sexual contact
3. Many STD's can be trated and cured, but early diagnosis is important.
1. HIV is spread through sexual contact with an infected person\
2. HIV is not spread through breathing the same air, bitten by a mosquito, swimming in the same pool, and hugging or shaking hands.
3. HIV then turns into AIDs after a while. Although there is no definite time in between
4. HIV/ AIDS leads to early death
1. The best way to avoid getting an STD is to abstain from sexual activity
2. Avoid being alone on a date to stay abstinent.
3. know how to respond to pressure when asked to do something out of your comfort zone
1. your endocrine system is responsible for the fast growth you experience during your teen years
2. get regular physical activity, take showers, and get rest.
3. the endocrine system is made up of glands located through out the body