Cyber Sec. Presentations by Andy Kim
The field trip consisted of the class going into a lecture to hear two speakers talk about cyber security. One of which being Mike Good. Mike Good is an employee of Cisco and he talked about his experience at working at Cisco. I learned that:
1. Mike Good regrets not finishing college. College is very important in that it helps you get to your job much quicker and easier. He mentioned that he used to work at Xerox(?) and that is took over 10 years to get to where he is now.
2. He talked about the new immersive TelePresent. A project which allowed anyone to have conversations using moniters to make it seem as if you were talking to them face-to-face.
3. Lastly, he spoke about how his company worked. He worked in the cyber security branch, a position that needed a high skill level of computer knowledge. He told us that the company indeed hire Hackers because they were very skilled in what they do.
The other speaker was Anil Pattni, the entrepreneur for his company, OCHackerz. The three things I have learned from him was that:
1. He has created a technology that could be used world-wide in terms of office buildings. This device was a touch screen zip-code number for each employee.
2. He has also stated that his business will help young people, like us, get into the computer business by joining a program known as the Hack-A-Thon. It's a event in which people attend to create and show off their creations.
3. He talked about the dangers of cyber security and how a virus can lead to deadly situations. However, he also had many counterarguments to that which were very interesting.