2-DAYS BASIC RUBY WORKSHOP
learn from scratch with Albert Bellonch
1. What is this workshop about?
In this tutorial you will learn the basics of Ruby from scratch, finally reaching a point in which you are comfortable with the language. After combining a number of small lessons, both theoretical and practical, you will get to know the language and how to use it in many possible scenarios.
1.1 View the full Program here: English
2. What will you learn in this workshop?
- History (to be in context).
- Language conception, its basic data types and structures.
- How variables and more complex data types are conceived.
- Differential traits from other programming languages.
- Tricks and other hardcore features.
Everything with constant hands-on to really see how the language is and how it feels.
3. What practical skills can I expect upon completion of this workshop?
You will finish the course knowing how to program in Ruby and also knowing how you can improve it in the future. The purpose is not only to get into data types and structures, but to learn how programming is understood in Ruby and how to materialize it in the language.
4. Who will I be sitting next in this workshop?
We expect some programming background to understand the basic concepts of programming itself. You do not have to be an experienced developer, but we need some basic understanding of how programming works. We want someone who wants to learn a new, interesting and useful language, and Ruby definitely matches that definition.
Saturday, September 20th and 27th.
[10am to 2pm]
6. Price: 119€/person
7. Prereqs & Preparation
- This workshop is a basic level one, but we assume that you have a minimum programming background.
- Please bring your laptop with Ruby installed (you can do it either via http://rvm.io/ for UNIX systems, or via http://rubyinstaller.org/for Windows). We will use either version 1.9.3 or 2.0.0.
Are you interested?
PRESS THIS BUTTON -->