1. When separating phrases that don't need to be there.
Ex: The park, Six Flags, is fun!
2. When linking two independent clauses with a conjunction.
Ex:I would love to go bowling,but I have to go to swim practice.
3. When you're addressing someone in particular
Ex: Kara, let's go set up the party.
4. When making a list.
Ex: We need grapes, meat, and steak for dinner. (not grandma)
5. When you have more than one adjective modifying a noun.
Ex: The awesome wonderful, beautiful, and talented Eleena Ortega!
6. After introductory phrases or clauses.
Ex: Once we're done eating our food we will make some cake and cookies.
8.The ending of a letter.
Have a great time at cheer practice! Love, dad
9. Geographic locations
Ex. Bronx,New York