The "Dirty Dream" (Continued)
- Before the electric telegraph, transportation of messages was much more difficult and took a lot more time.
- Sir William Cooke and Sir Charles Wheatstone in England, and Samuel Morse, Leonard Gale and Alfred Vail in the U.S. all helped develop the telegraph.
- Along with the telegraph a new language had to be made and was by Samuel Morse. He created morse code.
- Alexander Graham Bell was the next significant inventor in communications with the telephone.
- This now people could physically talk to each other instead of doing morse code
- English inventor A.A. Campbell-Swinton and Russian scientist Boris Rosing created the television
- In the 1920's, John Logie Baird patented the idea of using arrays of transparent rods to transmit images for television
- Charles Jenkins invented a mechanical television system called radiovision and claimed to have transmitted the earliest moving silhouette images on June 14, 1923
- German scientist, Karl Braun invented the cathode ray tube oscilloscope (CRT) in 1897
- Vladimir Zworykin invented an improved cathode-ray tube called the kinescope in 1929
- In 1927, Philo Farnsworth was the first inventor to transmit a television image comprised of 60 horizontal lines
A successful color television system began commercial broadcasting, first authorized by the FCC on December 17, 1953 based on a system invented by RCA.
- History of automobiles starting with the first steam, electrical, and gasoline-engine cars
- Karl Benz was the inventor though Leonardo Da Vinci had many drawn concepts of mobile vehicles
- The modern day gasoline Automobile was created in the U.S.A.
Cell Phone/Smart Phone
- Analog Motorola DynaTAC 8000X Advanced Mobile Phone System was the first cell Phone ever created
- Martin Cooper was the inventor of the first mobile cell phone.
- From then on phones got smaller and smaller
- The first “Smart Phone” was the IBM Simon and was produced in 1994
- Robert Cailliau and Tim Berners-Lee were the creators of the world wide web
- In 1991 the World wide web was opened to the public to use
- The Internet can connect anyone who uses it to each other using social networking
Personal Computer (PC)
- Konrad Zuse Created the free programmable computer
- Hewlett-Packard is made and made the first HP computer
- Computers changed from few businesses having them to now having them in almost every household
- Computers are now handheld and can even fit in your pocket