Better Energy For West A.K.A windmills
By: Rohan, Sanjeev, Colton
A. Our school needs a windmill because our school is drawing energy from the national grid so to be independent we can generate our own electricity.
- The wind turbine that we found is a turbine that generates 2,000 watts for one turbine. We plan to buy 100 of them.
- We are setting it up in a school setting.
B.- The company that will maintain our wind turbines is Ontario Wind Turbine Maintainer.
- These people will take care of our wind turbines.
-We could approximately pay them $500 per checkup.
C. Our Windmill cost $324,000 for all the windmills combined.
- Well it does cost $324,000 but it does produce a lot of energy, and on the bright side it is less than 4oo,000 dollars.
- We can earn 324,000 dollars by having a sonic night every wednesday, so the school can earn money for this project or, are alternative plan is to take some money from the outdoor pavilion (because that is a want) and return it back later.
D. - We have evidence that this is a good windmill and it is called 5-blade 2kw/300vgrid Tie Wind Turbine with Invertor/ All Sales Final.
-The pros of this is it can make easy electricity.
-Another pro is that we will never have to pay for electricity again.
-One con is some people will think the wind turbines look ugly.
-Another con is 100 turbines will take up a lot of space.
Sources: -PEM Staff. "Planet Extech's Contest Winners Include Ontario Wind-turbine Maintainer." Planet Extech's Contest Winners Include Ontario Wind-turbine Maintainer. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Jan.2015
Sources for images:
1.N.p., n.d. Web.
2."Landscape Beautiful Wind Turbines Wallpaper Wallpaper with 2880x1800 Resolution." Landscape Beautiful Wind Turbines Wallpaper #5280 Wallpaper Computer. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2015.
3."Homes with Electric Heating Face Paying £360 a Year in Green Levies." The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2015.
Sources for video: U.S. Department of Energy. "Energy 101: Wind Turbines." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2015.