by:Lindsey Garza

cite: Nicholas Raymond published on 3, 25, 14 posted on Global spectator and Latin America

Venezuela was colonized in 1522. Since it was colonized the main language has been Spanish. It is rare to find a non Spanish speaker in Venezuela because it has always been a part of that country. Spanish is common in a lot of country's but some country's use different words for different things so it can be confusing for some people. If you were to travel to Venezuela you would need to get a English, Spanish dictionary to understand the people there if you do not speak spanish .

Rice, corn and pasta make a big part of the food in Venezuela. Plantains are also very common and are used as a side dish for a lot of meals. plantains are very popular over the holidays. Arepas which are made of dough is like a tortilla pocket and is stuffed with meat or vegetables. My favorite way to eat arepas is with meat and rice.

Cite: Jill Rhode June ,27,10 posted on Aripo's mini review

cite: Johann Schmitt Murals at Holy-Cross Immaculata Roman Catholic Church Photo By Laura Laugle

The main religion in Venezuela is Roman Catholic. The population is 92% Roman Catholic the other 8% are Protestant. The two religions are very different. The Roman Catholics believe that you can be saved from sin and eternal death and they believe in God and Jesus Christ. The Protestants believe that Christ alone is the head of the church.

cite: August 7th, 2012 ,By Karen

Venezuela, named the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela , is located on the northern coast of South America. Venezuela was colonized by Spain in 1522. Venezuela was one of the first Spanish American colonies to declare independence. In 1830 Venezuela became an official country. the country of Venezuela has 23 states and the capital is Caracas. The president of Venezuela is now Nicolas Maduro .

Comment Stream