Ms. Ramsey's Algebra 2 Syllabus
Textbook: An online textbook will be available to each student. Login information will be available on Ms. Ramsey’s website.
Course Materials: Each student is expected to have the following with them in class every single day.
- Pencil, Pen, and Highlighter
- Charged Laptop
- Notebook, loose-leaf paper, and graph paper
- Scientific Calculator (TI-30XIIS strongly recommended) A graphing calculator will be helpful, especially if you plan to continue in higher level math courses, but is not required.
Grading Practices: Grades are calculated based on the following weighted percentages. Think of your grade like a pie. Different assignments go into different pieces of the pie, and bigger pieces have a bigger affect on your grade!
- 65% Assessments
- 25% Practice/Daily Assignments
- 10% Comprehensive Final Exam
Letter grades are earned based on the following scores.
90 – 100 A 80 – 89 B 70 – 79 C 60 – 69 D 0 – 59 F
Make-Up & Late Work:
Make-up work due to excused absences will be accepted for full credit based on the
policy outlined in the LHS Student Handbook (work due after number of days absent + one additional day).
Late homework will be accepted for a maximum of 60% credit if turned in before the end of a unit. Once the unit test has been administered, late work will receive no credit.
Retakes are not permitted. Spend your time wisely and arrive prepared.
Extra Help & Tutoring:
Ms. Ramsey is available most days before school at 7:45 and after school until 3:45.
Tutoring is also available throughout the week during Liberty Hour. See Ms. Ramsey’s
schedule below. You may elect to attend Liberty Hour, or you may be assigned.
Monday: No tutoring
Tuesday: Tutoring in 507
Wednesday: Tutoring in 507 (except on Advisory days)
Thursday: Tutoring in 507
Friday: Tutoring in 507
Student Responsibilities for Liberty Hour:
- Have a plan upon arriving at LH (What are you going to work on?)
- Use tutoring time productively (Games, social media, videos, etc. are not good uses of time)
- Check LH assignments regularly and attend all assigned tutoring sessions.
Tardy Policy: Students are expected to be in the classroom prior to the bell ringing. Tardies are only excused with a signed pass. If you are more than 10 minutes late to school for the day, you must check in with the Attendance Office before coming to class. Additionally, students are expected to remain in their seats until dismissed by the teacher. The bell starts class, and the teacher dismisses class. Students will be notified when it is appropriate to pack of their materials for the hour.
Technology Policy: Ms. Ramsey is committed to maintaining a web presence and responding to emails in a timely fashion. It is the responsibility of the student to check the website daily for course information, assignment postings, weekly schedules, and/or handouts and other materials.
It is also expected that students
- Respect the teacher’s discretion as to when or when not to use technology
- Use proper grammar and punctuation in all email communications
- Only use laptops/cell phones/earbuds/headphones during class if directed to do so by a teacher
- Have earbuds/headphones available for daily instructional use
- Check student school email daily
Food/Drink Policy: Quiet snacks and drinks with lids are permitted, however, restrictions may be put in place due to student allergies. Sharing of food/drinks is not allowed. If messes are left behind, this privilege will be taken away.
Classroom Culture & Expectations:
- Be prepared with materials and classwork.
- Be on time (see tardy policy).
- Be responsible.
- Be respectful to classmates, teachers, yourself, and the classroom/building.
- Work BELL to BELL.
- Check grades at least once a week.
Consequences: Inappropriate behavior, missed Liberty Hour tutoring, or tardies to class will result in conferencing with students or a parent if necessary. Repeat offenders will be given detentions or office referrals if necessary.