25 Craves of Christmas
Dec. 22: Holiday Fudge
For all of you chocoholics out there, I have the perfect Christmas gift for you--HOLIDAY FUDGE. Turn any classic fudge recipe into festive treat that will get any Scrooge into the Christmas spirit. Just a touch of peppermint will do wonders and having you dying for more! (Courtesy of Martha Stewart)
- Vegetable oil, cooking spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups semisweet or white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with two sheets of waxed or parchment paper in a crisscross manner (one lengthwise, one crosswise) so ends overhang sides of pan; coat evenly with cooking spray.
- STEP 2
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, salt, butter, cream, and marshmallows, stirring, until butter and marshmallows are almost melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- STEP 3
Bring mixture to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Pour mixture into lined pan.
- STEP 4
Let fudge cool in the pan at room temperature, 3 hours. Use edges of paper to lift out fudge; place on cutting board, and remove paper. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters, or cut fudge into bars. Sprinkle evenly with crushed candy.