25 Craves of Christmas
Dec. 9: White Chocolate Holiday Bark
Who says you can't eat well and healthy at the same time? We all know there are tons of delicious temptations this time of the year but, its important to treat your body well in order to fight off any sickness that might threaten to ruin your fun. This white chocolate holiday bark is rich in taste AND anti-oxidants. It is the perfect treat to make sure you are 100% for the holidays! (Courtesy of Health)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oven-toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 pounds good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Spread the sliced almonds and the unsweetened coconut in an even layer on the baking sheet. Toast 5–8 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown. Remove baking sheet from the oven, and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, rice cereal, and dried cranberries. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the mixture, and set aside.
4. Place chopped white chocolate and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large heatproof bowl, and set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted.
5. Remove the chocolate from heat, and fold in the almond mixture. Spread mixture evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on the reserved 1/4 cup topping. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has completely set. Break the bark into small pieces, and serve.