Unit 1 Overview: Getting Started
In this unit, you will earn your wings and learn to fly!
Follow these simple steps to get started!
- View the 7-minute video announcement below or click here to read the transcript.
- Let me know if you plan to attend the Orientation by clicking Yes, No or Maybe in the RSVP box below.
- Read the learning objectives.
- Click on the "Content and Activities" folder and complete ALL of the assignments before Monday at 11pm. All of this week's activities will prepare you for Learning Unit 2 so be sure to complete every single one of them to ensure your success.
- If you have general questions about the course, click on the Ask a Question button in the left hand course menu in Blackboard and post a question in the forum. If you have a personal question that pertains to just you, please email me directly at email@example.com. Have a great week one!
Unit 1 Learning Objectives
"What is a Learning Objective," you ask? Great question! Consider them your milestones for each of our learning units. You will be provided with a list of learning objectives each week. These are your "checkpoints" that you use to guide your learning each week.
- Lay the groundwork for a successful class by identifying the key course requirements and responsibilities shared in the syllabus, submitting the student info form, completing the syllabus quiz, and participating in your first VoiceThread.
- Get to know your classmates and expand your understanding of photographic meaning by participating in the "My Favorite Photograph" activity (using Tackk).
- Get warmed up to VoiceThread by leaving your first two voice or video comments in our "Photographs that Changed the World" activity.
Attend the HOSP Meet N' Greet
Friday, 1/23 at 10:00am PT
The Meet N' Greet will be held in a Google+ Hangout, which will require you to have a Google+ account (free), a microphone or a webcam to participate. This will be a chance for you to meet me and your peers and ask any questions you may have about getting started.
- Participation is strongly encouraged but not required.
- Please let me know if you plan to attend or not so I can ensure I have enough seats for everyone! Hangouts max at 10. If more than 10 people plan to attend, I'll schedule another Hangout.
- More details about how to participate will be posted in Blackboard as an announcement and emailed to you.