How to Spend More Time With Your Family
One of the most common New Year's Resolutions is to spend more time with family, while one of the biggest strains on the modern family models is lack of time...lack of time to exercise, lack of time to do things for yourself, and lack of time to spend with your family. I spent a few days in Gatlinburg, Tennessee at a Winter Retreat. The retreat was organized and financially backed by a couple that only a few short years ago had lost everything. They were bankrupt. But that was in the past, and today is today! That is to say that in their 30's, they have a six figure income that has allowed both of them to leave their full-time jobs and to stay home with their son. I got to spend time talking and learning from them, as well as another gentleman who has also turned his life around and is now a millionaire. Needless to say, he and his wife have also been able to leave their jobs, and stay at home with their children. He too, has only been doing what he is doing for a few short years.
What I learned is that this thing we d0...you know, the traditional 9 to 5, the hustle, the grind, the hectic-ness, the work our tails off to live paycheck to paycheck (if that) and not get to spend nearly enough time with those we love, doing things we love to do...this thing is not the only option. In fact, I learned that there's a better way; that if two every day families with no experience in the field in which they are in (and no college education) could go from zero to making six figures to over a million dollars a year, that there, in deed, must be a better way. And I, for one, decided that it is worth looking in to, because I agree, there must be a better way!
If you are not happy with life as is, if you would like to dream more, do more, be more, and have more (whatever that more is). Then you need to do 5 things:
1. Believe that it is possible. Your thoughts are your reality. If you don't believe it, then, you are right, it is not possible. Change what you are telling yourself and others. The very thing that you think is not possible for you, is happening for someone else. Why not you?
2. Change your way of thinking. What 99 percent of the population believes is the way we need to do things is not allowing them to live the life they truly want to live, only the one they think they have to. Then there's the 1 percent...the ones that decided that they were going to do something different. The ones that decided that there was a better way, and that they were gong to find it and do it.
3. Smear your fear. Taking the road less traveled is very scary. But nothing worthwhile is ever easy, and I think it is much more scary to live the life a life you really don't want. How many times did Edison fail when he was inventing the light bulb? No really, how many times? Look it up! If you don't already know, you'll be amazed. What if his fear had gotten in the way? We might still be in the dark! Figure out what you're really afraid of, and think if that thing I'm afraid of were to happen, what would that mean? Would my life be over? Would the world cease to spin on it's axis? Would we suddenly be in the zombie apocalypse? Of course not. But what if, on the other hand, that crazy thing I decided to do actually worked, would it have been worth it? Of course!
4. Put on your turtle shell. When you to decide to do something that most don't, be prepared for the hemming and hawing, the wise cracks, the naysayers and the nonbelievers to throw every 'why you shouldn't' bottle and rotten tomato at you. Put on your turtle shell of protection and keep on moving in the direction you want to go. That they do not believe there is a better way, or that they do not have the courage to go after it isn't your problem.
5. Leave your email below. If you are ready to do something different than 99% of the population, if you are ready to boldly go where few others have gone before, if you are ready to take the steps to lead a more fulfilling life that was once hard to imagine. Leave your email below and I will be happy to share what the people that are staying home with their children are doing, and how they are doing it.