Hamlet Boos BULLYING
Statistics show nearly 1 in every 3 kids are bullied. Bullying is when kids are emotionally and physically attacked. Kids bully other kids either because they are jealous or they are abused at home. Almost each day a child is abused or bullied, and commits suicide. My definition of bullying is whenever somebody physically or emotionally abused or picked on. If this happened to me i would respond by telling my parents, and telling the principle . The reason i chose to respond this way is because I wouldn't want be depressed everyday or commit suicide because somebody is bullying me, I would tell somebody that way they get punished for it and don't get away with bullying somebody else. If i ever seen somebody being bullied i would stick up for them and then take them to go tell somebody so something could be done about it. Some of the warning sign behaviors are:
- Frequent headaches or stomach aches, feeling sick or faking illness
- Changes in eating habits, like suddenly skipping meals or binge eating. Kids may come home from school hungry because they did not eat lunch.
- Difficulty sleeping or frequent nightmares
- Declining grades, loss of interest in schoolwork, or not wanting to go to school
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of helplessness or decreased self esteem
- Self-destructive behaviors such as running away from home, harming themselves, or talking about suicide
- Unexplainable injuries
- Lost or destroyed clothing, books, electronics, or jewelry
Facebook Scenario #2
if me and my friends witnessed this bullying, then i would tell the teacher or principle that way they can call their parents and inform them about whats going on. Then maybe the problem could be solved. Me and my friends could try to help them and try to make them feel like somebody actually likes them, and they feel better/safer. If we chose to help the kid whose being bullied we would end up trying to or possibly stopping the bullying and that way if the bullies were bullying anybody else that would stop too. The message that would be communicated to the bully or bullies is that how its affecting people and that they need to stop because its not only hurting the victims, but its also affecting them.