Rules & Websites
10 Online Safety Rules
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across something that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I “meet” online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring a parent along.
4. I will talk with my parents about posting pictures of myself or others online and not post any pictures that my parents consider to be inappropriate.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that, if I do I will tell my parents right away.
6. Keep computers out of children's bedrooms and in open areas. With PCs in open areas children will be less inclined to view and access material that may not be acceptable.
7. I will not give out my passwords to anyone (not even my best friends) other than my parents.
8. I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or mobile device or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
9. Manage your children's time on the Internet, scheduling times when a child can be on the Internet and the amount they can be online ensures that you know when they are on the Internet and how long.
10. I will help my parents understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.
The reason why I chose these safety rules is because they seemed like everything that you need to know about internet safety. It is good to know proper internet safety rules if you are going to use social media or anything online. Also, so that you don’t fall into peoples traps to make you give out your personal information. Another reason, is so you know what you are doing on the internet and do something bad and not realize it. One good tip is to always use proper netiquette. That is why I chose these internet safety rules!