Facts about John Dalton
- Born in England
- First to think define the atom by 1st atomic weight
- He was color blind, he presented a paper of colorblind, Europeans called colorblindness (Daltinism).
- Lived September 6, 1766- July 26, 1844
John Dalton Atomic Model
Facts of the importance of discovery
- Discovered that certain gases only could be combined in certain proportions even if two different compounds shared the same common element or group of elements.
- Discovery year 1803 Place he discovered was Manchester, England
- Dalton's atomic theories are all matter consists of tiny particles.
- -Atoms are indestructible and unchangeable.
- -Elements are characterized by the mass of their atoms.
- -First to prepare a table of relative atomic weights.
- Made important contribution to science called the atomic theory.
- -When Elements react, their atoms combine in simple, whole-number ratios.
"John Dalton." Scientists: Their Lives and Works. Gale, 2006. Science in Context. Web. 9 Oct. 2014.