Biography project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th Grade Language Arts class made by Ben Kemper
Mark Cuban was born July 31st, 1958 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Significant Events in History that Affected Mark's Life
• Sold broadcast.com to Yahoo
• Purchased NBA Team Dallas Mavericks
Cuban was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and grew up in the affluent suburb of Mount Lebanon, as part of a Jewish working-class family. His grandfather changed the family name from "Chabenisky" to "Cuban" after his Russian grandparents landed on Ellis Island. He is the son of Shirley and Norton Cuban; Norton was an automobile upholsterer. Cuban's first step into the business world occurred at age 12, when he sold garbage bags to pay for a pair of expensive basketball shoes. While attending Mount Lebanon High School he held a variety of jobs including a bartender, disco dancing instructor, and a party promoter.
People Who Influenced Mark's Life
• Morris Chabenisky (Mark's grandfather) - Was somewhat of a role model to Mark. He was very hardworking and supported their family.
• He has a net worth of $3 billion as of march 2015 (Forbes)
• Mark Cuban has over $1 million in fines from the NBA
• He mad a computer company without ever owning a computer
• Became a billionaire by selling his website to yahoo for $5.7 billion
• He broke a world record when he bought a private jet online for $40 million. It was to largest eCommerce transaction ever.
• Stars on TV series "Shark Tank" as a Shark (investor)
Mark Cuban's $2 million "Shark Tank" Deal
• He is a self made billionaire
• Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
• Won the Gotham Independent Film Tribute Award
The Theme of Mark's Life
• Mark was always thinking ahead , what tomorrows world hold for us.
"Mark Cuban: How I Became a Billionaire." YouTube. YouTube, 23 Apr. 2014.
"Shark Tank Biggest Deal 2013 $2 Million Ten Thirty One Productions Update " YouTube. YouTube, 18 Oct. 2014. Web.