Top Covers and Exclusions of Two Wheeler Insurance
Your motorbike may be your best companion on the ride. It will offer you the unmatched freedom of speeding against the wind while you have control over the streets. It is the perfect machine to cruze the streets and countryside alone.
Though motorbikes are designed to be strong and sturdy, they, like every other machines, are still prone to wear and tear. More than the risk of wear-and-tear, they face a risk of damage from unpredictable incidents such as accidents or natural disasters. To compensate the damages caused by such events, a two wheeler insurance plan is recommended.
Before you purchase any such policy, take a look at the covers and exclusions provided:
- Loss or Damage to your bike against Natural disasters.
- Protection against damages caused by Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, cyclones, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide.
- Damage to your vehicle caused by Man-made Calamities, Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, terrorist activity, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
- Personal Accident Cover Coverage of up to Rs 1 Lakh for the rider and pillion.
- Third Party Legal Liability Protection against accidental damages resulting in the permanent injury or death of a person, and damage caused to the surrounding property.
- Normal wear and tear caused by general ageing of the vehicle will not get any motorbike insurance claim.
- Depreciation of mechanical and electrical goods.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown which might occur due to constant use of the vehicle.
- Wear and tear of consumables such as tyres, mirrors, seats, etc.
- Damage caused by a person driving motorbike without a valid license.
- Damage caused by a person who is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other narcotic product.
- Losses or damages caused during war, mutiny, military attacks, etc.