for the 2013 Ideation Challenge!
A Business Plan + Pitch Competition
We have announced 5 finalists to make their pitches at the 2013 Ideation Challenge! They are:
1. cleveland craft connection - where creative meets business
2. HEAT, Heat Early Alarm Technology System
3. Vendalize -a mobile app for local search to let you discover and document everything in your city.
4. The Parenting Shop - a worker-owned cooperative for items of use to parents of young children
5. Engage - a cause marketing web app that helps nonprofits to setup supporting microsites, email templates andcontent marketing.
Join us on Tuesday August 27th at 6:30 pm at the University of Akron Lakewood to hear the pitches. All are welcome!
Do you have an idea for a business or product which absolutely needs to be brought to market? Are you willing to put some time into actually making that happen? The City of Lakewood’s Ideation Challenge is just for you. Take the Ideation Challenge by submitting a brief Executive Summary along with preparing a 1-2 minute “elevator pitch” -- and you could win a prize package of services to help bring it to reality.
The Prize Package:
Lunch meeting with successful entrepreneur and current Mayor of Lakewood, Michael Summers – Value: Priceless
30 minute Meeting with serial entrepreneur and investor, Christopher Celeste (Partner at Hatch Partners) – Value: Priceless
Elevator Pitch Session with Mike Belsito (Director of Ideation for Startup Lakewood and Co-Founder + CEO of eFuneral), Ryan O’Donnell (Co-Founder + CEO of SociaGram), John Knific (Co-Founder + CEO of Decision Desk) – Value: Priceless
Full Scholarship to nine week entrepreneur training course with Bad Girl Ventures - $150 Value
Venture Hacks Pitching Hacks and Venture Hacks Bible eBooks – $19 Value
Lakewood Chamber of Commerce Networking Bundle:
- Free attendance and 2-minute pitch at our September luncheon (date tba)
- Free attendance at Small Business Month closing event on Monday, Sept 30th
- Article (250 words) in our October monthly newsletter
All applicants are welcome to schedule 1:1 sessions to receive feedback on their applications.
* Applications may be submitted through August 16th.
* Finalists will be contacted by August 20th if they are invited to pitch live at the Startup U event.
* Finalists present their Elevator Pitch during the August 27th Startup U event.
* Winners are announced during the September 24th Startup U event.
Note: All applicants should be available, if requested, to pitch live at the August 27th Startup U event.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org