How to get your Splits Down
one day at a time
Some Simple Steps
- Perform light cardiovascular exercise for 5 to 10 minutes before stretching to prepare your muscles for activity.
- Start by stretching out your legs in a pre straddle stretch for about a minute. Lean to each side
- Push over to your straddle split. Hold for a minute. Make sure you're leaning over to feel the strech
- Then come down and do a pigeon stretch
- Then a butterfly strech
If you do this every day and try to add 30 seconds more each day then you'll get stronger and more flexable.
Frequency- strech twice a day
Intensity- push over farther
Time- add 30 seconds more every other day
- when stretching it's best to stretch after a workout or athletic training when your muscles are lose and easier to engage
- by stretching you increase your flexibility, without flexibility you're more susceptible to muscle strains
- stretching improves circulation by increasing blood flow to the muscles