Learning about informational Text
WHAT IS NON-FICTION?
Non-Fiction is stories with real information, facts and graphs. It also has photographs and captions. We read Non Fiction for information entertainment and projects,or research.
Features found in Exploring Asia
- Photographs (all) Real pictures
- Captions (all) Little sentences or phargraphes describing a picture or photo.
- Diagrams (none)
- Table of contents ( pg 3) List of sections in a book.
- Index ( pg 32) Tells you a topic and what page it is on.
- Headings (all) a bold statement.
- Subheadings (all)
- Glossary ( pg 32) A page with difficult words and their definitions.
- Labels (all) A headline that go with diagrams
- Diagrams (some)
- Graphs ( pg 18,16,20,21,22)
- Charts ( no)