by Sophie Holden
what is podcasting?
well a podcast is a digital media file, most often they are audio files but they can however be video as well, which are produced into a series of videos or audio files. You can subscribe to a series of files, or podcast, by using a piece of software called a pod catcher. Once you subscribe, your pod catcher checks to see if any new files have been published, and if so, automatically downloads them onto your computer or portable device for you to listen to or watch, whenever you wish.
what hardware is needed for pod-casting?
To create a Podcast it is simple, most hardware that is needed to create a podcast are common items. To be able to record your voice you need a microphone; the higher quality of your microphone, the better your audio will sound but if you're just starting out this might be as important to you.This next piece of hardware you will need, a digital camera, this is optional as a podcast can just be audio so the digital camera is opitional. Next a computer is needed to be able to upload your Podcast to edit it. Headphones can also be useful hardware for Pod-casting as it can help you get good feedback of your voice on the Podcast as sometimes speakers aren't loud enough.
what software is needed for pod casting?
Internet connection is a big must for Pod-casting, as you are going to need it to upload your Podcast for everyone to see. You'll need to link the upload so people can view it online. Animation software can also be handy if you want to edit your Podcast, you need to ensure your final Podcast is in the correct software to avoid any technical errors or problems, so the viewing experience is smooth.
what is libel?
libel a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation for example a written defamation (the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.)
what is copyright?
copyright is the exclusive and legal right, given to the originator for a fixed number of years, to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material.
what is preforming rights socity?
About PRS for Music. PRS for Music is the home of PRS and MCPS, representing the rights of over 100,000 members in the UK. We license organisations to play, perform or make available copyright music on behalf of our members and those of overseas societies, distributing the royalties to them fairly and efficiently.
what is the advertising standards agency?
The Advertising Standards Authority is the UK’s independent regulator of advertising across all media. They apply the Advertising Codes, which are written by the Committees of Advertising Practice. Their work includes acting on complaints and proactively checking the media to take action against misleading, harmful or offensive advertisements.
How to listen to, enjoy & subscribe to a podcast
- Open up iTunes. If you don't already have iTunes, just log on to www.apple.com and click on "iTunes". You will pretty much be set from there.
- Once you are in iTunes, click on the iTunes store. Along the top screen, there should be a menu with words like "Music", "Movies", and such. You need to click on the one that says "Podcast"
- If you are looking for a specific type of podcast, move an inch or so to the right and next to the word "Podcast" an arrow should pop up. Click on that and a drop down menu should appear listing all the categories they have.
- Found one you liked? Click the "Subscribe for Free" button below the name and be finished. If that's what you want, then all you have to do next is wait for it to download into your iTunes library and that's it.
- If you want to know more, just click on the name of the podcast to bring up an introduction page of what the podcast is about and all the episodes so far. If you still are not sure if you want this podcast, you can even listen to a sample of the episodes. After you're done, click the "Subscribe for Free" button below the podcast artwork and wait for it to download into your iTunes library.
- Now you are free to listen and subscribe to many more podcasts in the future.
- If you ever decide that you don't like the podcast that you subscribed to, just go to your library and click on the podcast button. Click on the podcast that you want to delete and at the very bottom left-hand corner should be a button that says "unsubscribe". Click that and you just deleted the whole podcast.
information provided by; http://www.wikihow.com/Subscribe-to-Podcasts-With-...
here are a list of four podcast;
The target audience for podcast's is anyone that listens to the radio or things like that as radio stations are podcast's , and as you know there is a wide range of radio stations so there for there is a wide range for the target audience right down from teenagers all the way to elderly people in their 90's.