The Top 5 Best Beers from Jackie O's
Jackie O's Brewery is located in Athens, OH
5. Chomolungma - This brown ale was brewed to commemorate the Lungevity Everest Expedition. Brian Oestrike the brother of Jackie O’s owner Art, sumitted the unforgiving mountain on May 22nd, 2007. The climb was a vehicle to raise money and awareness about lung cancer. The people of Tibet call Mt. Everest “Chomolungma” this exceptional ale carries on the spirit of the climb. 8 Malts, 2 hops, and twenty pounds of wild flower honey give this ale an exceptional character. Baked muffins, dark fruit, bittersweet chocolate, rich honey and earthy subtle hops caress the palate. Booze soaked chocolate raisins round out the warm finish. 6.5% (Now available in local stores!)
4. Paw Paw Wheat - Strong pawpaw character in a straw-colored American wheat beer with a crisp dry finish. 9%
3. Mystic Mama - A west coast styled IPA that uses 5 different hops (Centennial, Amarillo, Warrior, Simcoe, Columbus) giving it tons of flavor, aroma, and an assertive bitterness. 7% abv with the ability to get you hop trigger firing!
2. Barking Pumpkin - 60 pounds of hand picked pumpkins from Jackie O’s Farm are roasted in their pubs pizza oven. The pumpkin flesh (no skin, it adds an astringent bitterness) is added to the mash melding with the already complex grist. American hop varieties provide a formidable bitterness and some great flavor and aroma. At the end of the boil the wort is spiced with ginger, coriander, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and more brown sugar help sculpt this 7.5% pumpkin beer.
1. Razz Wheat - 60% white wheat and 40% malted 2-row create a nice mild American wheat ale. After fermentation is complete, 84 pounds of fresh Oregon raspberries are added to the beer giving this ale a unique and playful personality. The rosy haze and sticky head embody a continuum of sour sweetness held together by a wheat backbone. This is Jackie O’s bestseller and a favorite among Ohio University students. 5.5% (Coming soon in cans!)
Take a look at what Jackie O's has on tap, in bottles and drafts: Jackie O's Brews