What should you do when you visit to this country?
When you meet someone you should say "Sumimasen" and slightly tilt your head. The greater the inclination and length, greater respect for that person. You must address people by name and adding the suffix "san" (Mr.) for men and "sama" (lady) for women.
- In meetings you will be located next to the host. Then they will serve you Tea (or coffee). You should give a small sip of the drink, demonstrating interest and receptivity.
- Give you a card "meishi". You must try it carrefully and be in immaculate condition and of good quality and include office. Then it is placed on the table so that everyone knows the identity and position. They delivered with both hands and received with the right hand. The meeting ends when the table cards are collected.
GOOD TABLE MANNERS
- You must go to the maitre to say, "yoro-shiku".
- You may talk during tea.
- You must wait until everyone has their drinks and the host say "kampai" (health) drinking the first sip.
- You can not move on the table until you decide to eat a particular dish
- You can making noise while eating and take the soup to his mouth with his hands is well regarded, is a sign that you are enjoying the food.
THE USE OF CHOPSTICKS
- The sticks should always be together. They can not register as accidental place their covered, or cross them, or leave them wrong place.
- You can not use a fist.
- Must not lick your chopsticks since its function is to hold food.
- You shouldn´t blow your nose in public.
- You shouldn`t talk on the phone in public areas where there are people around you.
- You shouldn`t raise your voice or try to assert your point of view on them. You should wait for end of speaking to express your opinion.