Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts Class
made by: RG
Five Unique Facts
- His mother abused him terribly
- His father was a fireman
- He was born in San Francisco
- He was rescued on March 5, 1973
- He was the third born child, and he had 4 other brothers no sisters.
Family Members Important to the Person and their relationship
- He and his father had a great relationship up until he was 8 years old.
- He and his mother had a great relationship up until he was the age of 4 when she began to greatly abuse him.
Significant Events In History That Affected the Person
- One Christmas when his mother cried saying her family was perfect, he said he felt his heart warm
- One summer he and his family spent a wonderful week at the Russian River
- He was rescued from his mother in 1973
- He survived child abuse
- He wrote a great trilogy and other books about his story and hope for others.
- He accomplished not being like his mother
- He was in the airforce
Significance of the person
I thought he was important because he survived child abuse. He withstood it for 8 years, he put up the best fight he possibly could, and that deserves to be recognized.
What was their childhood like
He had a great childhood up until he was the age of four. His mother then began to greatly abuse him. She stabbed him in the chest just below the heart, and he was not taken to the hospital, she stuck his arm in a gas burner, She made him clean the bathroom with a bucket of ammonia and Clorox sitting in there, and there was no air source, she also made him swallow spoonfuls of ammonia, and dish soap. The worst part is, she starved him for up to 3 days at a time, but when it got really bad, she went ten days without giving him food.
What did you learn about life from this person? What was the theme of their life's story?
I learned from this person's life that you can always push through no matter what the circumstances. The theme of this person's life story is that no matter how hard it gets, you can always push through.