Momentum: The product of an objects mass and velocity
Conservation of Momentum: In the absence of outside forces like friction, the total momentum of objects that interact does not change
Formula of Momentum: Momentum = Mass x Velocity ( P = M x V )
Q: why is There a " P " in momentums formula?
- the " P " in P = M x V sands for momentum. Since Mass is also involved in the formula P = momentum and M = mass
Q: Explain how can a heavy moving van have the same momentum as a small motorcycle?
- If a heavy moving van is traveling slow and a small motorcycle is traveling quite fast ( velocity ) they would have the same momentum. Even though the van has more mass, the velocity evens it out.
Sticky VS. Non-Sticky
Q: Explain the difference between a sticky collision and a non sticky collision
- In a sticky collision vehicles have the same mass wen they hit and the vehicles do not move, whereas in a non-sticky collision, the car with the most mass will slow down after the collision and the car with less mass will speed up after the collision.
Photo Booth Time!!
Inelastic Collision: SOME ENERGY WILL BE LOST
Elastic Collision: NO KINETIC ENERGY IS LOST
Double C - Clay Collision
Q- What type of collision would you think throwing a piece of clay onto the ground would be and why?
- Throwing clay onto a piece of clay would be inelastic collision because in an inelastic collision the piece of clay would have less kinetic energy and more potential energy. Therefore, inelastic collision
Angles In Science??
Q- What is angular momentum? What does it have to do with outer space? Explain in detail.
- Angular Momentum is when an object goes around and around instead of a straight line.
- Planets spin around the sun. If planets did not use angular momentum then all planets would continue in a straight line forever. ( wouldn't have the sun, moon. Most likely we couldn't survive.)