1.Momentum- is the product of an objects product of mass and velocity.
2. conservation of momentum- the conservation of momentum- in the absence of outside forces like friction, there total momentum of the objects that interact does not change.
4. came from the Latin word "petere" which means "go towards". They couldn't use "m" because that was already used for mass.
5. a heavy moving van can obtain the same momentum as a small motorcycle has because the motorcycle could be going faster because the van has more weight and so it will be slower and since the motorcycle is lighter it will go faster.
6.The difference between a sticky collision and a non-sticky collision is that the sticky collision is when objects with the same mass stick together during a collision, and non-sticky collision is when two objects of the same mass don’t stick together.
7.elastic collision is an encounter between two bodies in which the total kinetic energy of the two bodies after the encounter is equal to their total kinetic energy before the encounter.
8.Inelastic collision, in contrast to an elastic collision, is a collision in which kinetic energy is not conserved.
9. sticky collision... because the clay will stick to the ground.
10. angular momentum- the quantity of rotation of a body, which is the product of its moment of inertia and its angular velocity.