1. From the above Punnett Square, identify the two genotypes.
2. From the above Punnett Square, identify all possible outcomes(phenotypes) if G=Green flowers and g=yellow flowers.
Homozygous (hom.) green, heterozygous (het.) green, hom. yellow.
3. From the above Punnett Square, identify how many homozygous outcomes you have.
4. From the above Punnett Square, identify how many heterozygous outcomes you have.
5. Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction (SR) are likely to have more diverse characteristics than offspring that result from asexual reproduction (ASR).
SR=2 parents, ASR = 1 parent.
Define the following:
- a change or the process of change by which an organism or species becomes better suited to its environment.
- the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial.
- (in informal use) a unit of heredity that is transferred from a parent to offspring and is held to determine some characteristic of the offspring.
- (in technical use) a distinct sequence of nucleotides forming part of a chromosome, the order of which determines the order of monomers in a polypeptide or nucleic acid molecule which a cell (or virus) may synthesize.
- of or relating to genes or heredity.
- of or relating to genetics.
11. Sexual reproduction
- the production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types (sexes). In most higher organisms, one sex (male) produces a small motile gamete that travels to fuse with a larger stationary gamete produced by the other (female).
12. Asexual reproduction
reproduction without the fusion of gametes
13. Find a chart/diagram that explains how animals are classified.
14. Explain the survival value of genetic variation.
Some genes are better than others. (This is the basis of evolution)
15. Find three pictures that help support your Tackk and the content you just learned.