Popular Pictures Or Sinister Selfies
Is Instagram a positive influence?
I think that Instagram is not a positive influence for various reasons. Think, what do people use Instagram for. People use Instagram to share what is going on in their lives like most social media but you use photos. So many people can see you and where you are. NEVER put your full name because someone can see all of your personal i streets, where you live and other personal information you wouldn't want a stranger to find out!
You have no idea how easy it is to bully some one on Instagram. These are the five easiest steps.
1. You can post a malicious or embarrassing photo of a target for all of your followers to see.
2. You can caption a gross disgusting insulting photo with a target’s username and perhaps a negative sentiment (for example, uploading a picture of a sumo wrestler and then commenting with something like “this reminds me of @joni__2001... I’ll let your mind come up with much more offensive and hurtful examples)
3. You can post cruel comments under a photo that someone posts.
4. Different than adding a username in a caption or a comment, you can tag a user through the "Add People”– where the tag is added to the image itself. If your Instagram profile is public, anyone can see it – and it could go viral. If your profile is private, and the target is not following you, they will not be notified or be able to see the photo, tag(s), caption, comments. Which could be completely awful, where they are humiliated or harassed.
4. You can add hateful hashtags under a photo that you post (in the caption or comments) or that someone else posts (in the comments). For example, #dork, #loser, #eww #tryweightwatchers #getalife #pleasedeleteinstayournasty #stopmiley. Once again, I’ll let your mind come up with a million more that are so much worse.
5. You can create a fake account to impersonate someone else, and be cruel through pictures, captions, comments, and hashtags.
There is a lot of talk about the selfies. Are they good. We'll they're a lot positives but like a million more negatives that I've already discussed but the point is that selfies are bad. they make people become self-involved. The exact definition of a selfie is:
selfieˈselfē/noun: selfie; plural noun: selfies; noun: selfie
a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website."occasional selfies are acceptable, but posting a new picture of yourself everyday isn't necessary"
Instagram is not a positive influence because it allows you to compare yourself with anyone. And by that i mean absolutely anyone. So you be jealous of your friends or supermodels. People have created games to compare people's beauty. They call them beauty pageants but online. After reading all of this, if you still think Instagram is a positive influence, watch this video about online beauty pageants.